When it comes to air conditioning in your home, the most important step is to choose the right type of system for your requirements. While split air conditioning and ducted AC’s are the most popular, they differ in some key areas and are subject to their own sets of pros and cons. Read on to learn more about what makes each type of AC unique.
Advantages of Ducted Air Conditioning
Some of the advantages of ducted AC systems include:
- The zonal temperature control of these systems allows for precision climate control, which results in lower energy usage.
- All ducts and indoor components of these systems can be installed out of sight, which preserves wall space and does not disturb the look of your space.
- Ducted air conditioning allows you to install the compressor away from the space that is being cooled. This allows for all your rooms to be cooled silently without disturbing the occupants.
- An array of thermostats and sensors in each room allows the user to switch off the system in certain rooms, which are not in use. You can use your AC efficiently which reduces energy bills and promotes sustainability.
Disadvantages of Ducted Air Conditioning
- They require a higher initial investment.
- Installation can be costly and requires licensed AC professionals to conduct the task.
- They require a particular amount of roof and underfloor space to house interior units and ducts.
Advantages of Split-system Air Conditioning
The benefits of split air conditioning systems are:
- Excellent climate control with individual cooling units for each room.
- Split systems can be installed in any part of the room, unlike traditional window ACs.
- Split AC’s allow professionals to install air conditioning in your home easily.
- Lower initial cost than ducted systems.
Disadvantages of Split Air Conditioning
- Signs of wear and tear can show within 5 years, which increases maintenance costs.
- Interior units are large and can affect the aesthetic of a space.
- Energy efficiency is lower than ducted systems.
- Regular maintenance is key for optimal efficiency.
Commercial and Residential Air Conditioning Solutions
Tony Stephens Refrigeration specialises in the installation, repair and maintenance of ducted and split air conditioning units for commercial and residential clients. Contact our team today for cutting edge refrigeration and air conditioning solutions.